Friday, October 3, 2008

there's no place like home...

1) more lego building with yz
2) yz and i having fun with photobooth on my macbook equals non-stop laughter for both of us
3) i love trader joe's!
4) commercials for habitat for humanity with the catchy phrase "that's what makes a house a home"
5) back in my "fear of commitment" days, this song from cake would have been my theme song..."let me go and i will want you more"
6) mongo guisado - mung beans with vegetables and pork. yes, i'm a fob. but this dish is the epitome of comfort food and is the best meal to eat whenever i return back home.
7) i printed this picture of mom and dad by the golden gate bridge and had it framed for them.
8) it pains me to spend more than $100 on myself, especially for things that aren't essential. but my ugg cardy boots are an indulgence that i just couldn't resist!
9) if i am feeling very homesick, there is no way i can listen to michael buble's home without tearing up. may be surrounded by a million people i still feel all alone i just wanna go home.
10) a man travels the world over in search of what he needs and returns home to find it. - george moore